archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie appserver.base appserver.home in tomcat
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 05:26:38 GMT

On 17/03/2010, at 2:18 PM, jnl1 wrote:

> I tried that, but it doesn't work.  Error message is:
>
> Unable to resolve property 'appserver.base'

Perhaps that version of tomcat needs different options? Like JAVA_OPTS? What you need is to
pass those variables as system properties to the Java process.

> So, I added:
>
> appserver.base=%CATALINA_HOME
> appserver.home=%CATALINA_HOME

Note it should be:

appserver.base=c:\\opt\\apps\\archiva

in your case.

> to the application.properties in WEB-INF/classes.  That gets past the
> 'unable to resolve...' error, but within my Tomcat bin directory a
> ${appserver.base} directory gets created.
>
> Anybody with ideas on how to set this property ?  I really don't want to
> have an ${appserver.base} dir created within my Tomcat installation.

I assume the ${appserver.base} gets created with just the logs directory in it? If that's
the case, you can also edit WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml to change the configuration.