archiva-users mailing list archives

From Robert Wierschke <wiero...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure smtp?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:30:30 GMT
I've written a small Java example that uses the mail api to send mails. The
app can succesfully send mails via google using the following properties:

        mail.smtp.host="smtp.googlemail.com"
        mail.smtp.port="465"
        mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
        mail.smtp.auth="true"

        mail.smtp.socketFactory.port="465"
        mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
        mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback="false"

In my example username and password must be configured via
a javax.mail.Authenticator instance. However, I can't find any example that
shows how to set user and password via properties. So how to I configure
username and password for Archiva? Both, mail.password
and mail.smpt.password do not work.

>> 4) is it possible to disable the user registration dialog and setup up the
>> users manually in order to avoid the exception.
>>

> I'm not sure I understand what you mean here :)

Since the exception only occures if a user tries to register, is it possible
to disable the user registration function and create new users only via the
admin interface?

regards
robert