archiva-users mailing list archives

From Marc Lustig>
Subject Re: artifact upload: what happens in case the content-length differs?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:41:09 GMT

brettporter wrote:
> On 26/02/2010, at 7:57 PM, Marc Lustig wrote:
>> Brett pointed out at the Maven list that Archiva verifies the
>> content-length
>> after the artifact has been uploaded, I suppose by comparing the value
>> sent
>> in the Content-Length HTTP-header with the file-size of the file that has
>> been uploaded.
>> What does Archiva do in case the values differ?
>> What HTTP-return code will it send back?
> 400 Bad Request
>> What will happen to the artifact? Will it still remain in place in the
>> fs?
> It's deleted.
> The code in question is addMember in the DAV resource.
> If you'd like to add a check to ensure the checksum on the filesystem
> matches the file, this would be the right place to do it (though
> implementing this permanently in Archiva would require a series of tests
> and configuration, as you're familiar with from the block redeployment
> work).
> Please let us know if we can help further with the corruption issues...
> Cheers,
> Brett
> --
> Brett Porter

Thanks much for pointing out the direction to start with the implementation.
It have reserved time for it and will start very soon. I will get back to
the dev-list for consultation.

Regarding our corruption issue, we got indeed HTTP 400 errors, but, the
strange thing is, I was unable to identify any relevant log-entry in any of
the log-files. (it should definately be warning- or error-level).
Could you possibly check whether a logging-output is missing at this point?

Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at

View raw message