archiva-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do we show more file types in the download box
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:02:14 GMT
On 2010-02-15 01:32, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 13/02/2010, at 10:15 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> We have started to deploy non standard files to our Archiva. These are
>> .exe files build by NPanday and releaselogs in text format which use
>> .txt file extension. The releaselogs are announcements generated by the
>> Changes Plugin.
>>
>> Neither of these files show up in the orange "Downloads" box in the top
>> right corner. Is there a way to enable more file types via some
>> configuration or does it require some programming? If it requires
>> programming, can someone give me a hint to where in the code I should
>> start looking?
>
> Have you made sure that .exe and .txt are in the 'artifacts' list on the repository scanning
administration page, and re-scanned the repository? The download box in the current version
will take anything with the same G-A-V that is found in the database.

No I hadn't. After adding a couple of more file name patterns under
"artifacts" the files show up in the download box. Thanks!

Certain file name patterns seem to give a custom label in the download
box. A file ending in "-javadoc.jar" is not a "Jar" but rather a
"Javadoc" in the box. Is that also configurable?

It would be nice if our "-releaselog.txt" files would show up as
"Releaselog" in the box.

> BTW, the relevant code is DownloadArtifact.java and ArtifactsRelatedConstraint.java -
in the latest work I've done for proposal for trunk this section has been overhauled to improve
the download box in particular.

--
Dennis Lundberg