archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Uploading artifact with pom fails
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:39:03 GMT
On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 17:02 +0800, Deng Ching wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Thorsten Scherler <
> thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> 
> > On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 13:17 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > On Wed, 2009-12-23 at 12:23 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > > Hi list,
> > > >
> > > > I am facing a weird problem uploading artifacts with the web interface.
> > > > As soon as I upload as well the pom the jars are not going to be
> > > > uploaded. I attached the Post dump that I am using where I dropped the
> > > > binary part of the jar in this mail.
> > > >
> > > > As soon I now review
> > > >
> > http://archiva.sadesi.es/browse/org.apache.droids/droids-core/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT
> > > >
> > > > I get the orange box but only with the link to the jar, where the size
> > > > is "00" and clicking on it results in:
> > > > HTTP 404 of the underlying Apache Tomcat/5.5.28.
> > > >
> > > > Is this a general bug or a misconfiguration of our rep?
> > > >
> > > > O a side note I can publish our projects to the rep via "mvn deploy"
> > and
> > > > they show then well in the web. I will now try deploy:deploy-file and
> > > > see what that gives.
> > > >
> > >
> > > I tried with the deploy:deploy-file and got:
> > > thorsten@asf:~/src/apache/droids/trunk/droids-solr$ mvn
> > > deploy:deploy-file -Durl=http://archiva.sadesi.es/repository/central \
> > > >                        -DrepositoryId=snapshots-SADESI \
> > > >
> > > -Dfile=target/droids-solr-0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar \
> > > >                        -DpomFile=pom.xml \
> > > >                        -DgroupId=org.apache.droids \
> > > >                        -DartifactId=droids-solr \
> > > >                        -Dversion=0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT \
> > > >                        -Dpackaging=jar
> > > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > > [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'deploy'.
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] Building Droids Solr
> > > [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy:deploy-file] (aggregator-style)
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] [deploy:deploy-file {execution: default-cli}]
> > > [INFO] Retrieving previous build number from snapshots-SADESI
> > > [INFO] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
> > > org.apache.droids:droids-solr:0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT' could not be
> > > found on repository: snapshots-SADESI, so will be created
> > > Uploading:
> > >
> > http://archiva.sadesi.es/repository/central/org/apache/droids/droids-solr/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/droids-solr-0.1-incubating-20091223.114638-1.jar
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
> > >
> > http://archiva.sadesi.es/repository/central/org/apache/droids/droids-solr/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/droids-solr-0.1-incubating-20091223.114638-1.jar.
> > Return code is: 405
> > >
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> > > [INFO]
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > [INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
> > > [INFO] Finished at: Wed Dec 23 12:46:40 CET 2009
> > > [INFO] Final Memory: 10M/79M
> > >
> > >
> > > I am not sure what the actual problem is, somebody has an idea?
> >
> > Above was my error I used the wrong rep. Now I did successfully a
> > deploy-file, but I can see in the logs:
> >
> >
> It looks like there was a problem when the indexing task was executed on the
> metadata files. Did the same error show up in the logs for the artifact or
> the pom itself?

It was the lucene index. We removed it and created from scratch and the
above log entry vanished. 

However we found a way to reproduce the problem. It only occurs whenever
we try to upload a SNAPSHOT version via the web-interface. 

We tried with the following files
cocoon-chaperon-impl-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
cocoon-chaperon-impl-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

For the version we put in the web form 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

The result is that archiva creates the mda5 and sha for the pom but not
for the jar. 

As soon we change the name of the version to 1.0.0-SNAPSHOTS. It works
fine.

It seems that the version *-SNAPSHOT is not working. What is the best
approach to debug to find out what is going on.

salu2
-- 
Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.at.apache.org>
Open Source Java <consulting, training and solutions>

Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad 
de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)





Mime
View raw message