archiva-users mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <odeach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using http for deploy
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:42:28 GMT
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Thorsten Scherler <
thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for information about using http protocol to deploy our
> artifacts.
>
> In our use case Archiva is a proxy for the external repos (like the
> official apache one) but we want to deploy our own artifacts on it.
>
> We found some information about doing it with scp:// but we would like
> to use http:// instead.
>
> Is this possible and if so can somebody point me to some documentation
> bout it?

Yes it's possible, here's the documentation for that..

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/userguide/deploy.html

You would also need to grant the user the Repository Manager role for the
repo in order to be able to deploy to it.

> TIA
>
> salu2
>
> P.S. It took me a while to find
> http://archiva.apache.org/mail-lists.html since I did not found a direct
> link to page. In the end I need to use a search engine to find it.

Noted, thanks! :)

-Deng