archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Archiva scanning, indexing and searching
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:03:23 GMT
I am having the hardest time getting Archiva 1.2.2 to index and
display my artifacts.

To upgrade from 1.2-M1, I copied over my archiva.xml file and deleted
the .index directories in my existing, populated managed repos.  After
starting it and scanning/updating, I could get search results for
'struts' but not 'struts-core' (or 'struts AND core' as suggested on
irc.)

Then I realized that there is another directory (.indexer) in each
repo, so I stopped Archiva, deleted .index* which got both of them,
deleted the archiva database, and started it again.  After some time
and some manual "Scan Repository now" and database updates, I don't
even get any search results for 'struts' now.

What is the official way to start over, keeping repo contents, but not
any of Archiva's data?

--
Wendy