archiva-users mailing list archives

From Pavol Vaskovic <p...@pali.sk>
Subject Publishing artifacts with sources on archiva
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:22:03 GMT
At work I'm dipping my toes in managing project dependencies with
maven. We use Apache Archiva (1.2-M1) as a local repository and proxy.
I'm adding artifact for open source project, that is not published on
any public repository. I've learned that to publish the sources I
should use the Classifier field on Upload artifact page. The sources
are then listed alongside the jar and pom when I browse the repository.

But when I update my maven dependencies I get only the jar and pom
from the repository. I noticed that sources are also missing when the
archiva proxies for me the downloads from other public repositories. I
didn't find any configuration options in Archiva's admin pages to
serve the sources... What am I missing?

I am using the Maven Integration for Eclipse. When it installed
artifacts from public repositories, they were downloaded with sources.
 From Archiva they come without sources. It least that's who I blame
based on my observation... Same results from command line. Does that
mean I have to teach maven (in my settings.xml) to always request
sources? How?

Thanks for your help!
Pavol Vaskovic