archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Dubois, Fabien" <fabien.dub...@capgemini.com>
Subject XML-RPC, Not authorized to use method
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:17:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm using xml-rpc service provided by archiva. I have instantiated an xml-rpc client in php
(which is working) with login / password of archiva administrator account.

But I have a strange behavior.

According to this documentation :
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2.1/adminguide/web-services.html

I can use Administration Service, and get back information.

I can use Search Service, excepted methods that are using a version of artifact!

For example :

SerachService.getArtifactVersions( String groupId, String artifactId )  is working
AdministrationService.getAllManagedRepositories() is working

SearchService.getDependencies( String groupId, String artifactId, String version ) is not
working, And the returned message is : "Not authorized".
SearchService.getDependencyTree( String groupId, String artifactId, String version )  is not
working, And the returned message is : "Not authorized".

I don't understand my mistake because there is no problem with administration Service which
needs an user with System Administrator role in Archiva, but it is not working for Search
Services with an artifact version, which needs only an user with at least a Repository Observer
role.

So How can I change/modify the authorization of a method? And why I can't get back information
with xml-rpc methods which are needed a version of artifact?

Thank you for your help

</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message
contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini
Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or
use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>