archiva-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Nikitin <>
Subject Re: Re : Archiva performance question
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:44:24 GMT

Yesterday i've tried Archiva with Oracle and Hsqldb as artefacts database.

Oracle was not working for me due to problems with varchar2 size (Archiva
tries to make a column with varchar2(4000+), which is not possible). Few
workarounds haven't worked, so i just left it without digging deep.

Hsqldb is ok, but performance win was about 5%.

Im still looking forward to any information concerning my initial question

Julien HENRY wrote:
> Hi,
> In my company some users are reporting the same issue: they prefer to use
> direct repository access instead of our internal Archiva because of
> performance drop.
> I plan to use an external DB instead of embedded Derby to see if it
> improves performances, but I'm very interested to know if there is
> something else I can do.
> Regards,
> Julien

Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at

View raw message