archiva-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Nikitin <nikitin.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Archiva performance question
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:55:49 GMT

Hi,

I've started with Archiva evaluation and noticed that build time for project
is increased by ~40-50% in case Archiva is used instead of simple remote
repositories specification.

I am building my test project on "machine A", Archiva is installed on
"machine B". Both machines are in a very fast network.

Typical maven behaviour is:

"Downloading: ..."
hang for 2-3 seconds
"... downloaded"

File size don't matter that much - POM file and 6Mb jar got almost same
download time from Archiva.
Internet connection is very fast for both machines.

Are there some things to take a look on? Or it is inevitable performance
drop due to all the things Archiva does behind the curtain?

Sergey