archiva-users mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Managing Roles
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:08:16 GMT

Hi folks,

I've spent the last couple of days on IRC, idly dumping my results making slow
progress with LDAP authentication and finally getting stuck with Roles Management.

What it boils down to is that I now have imported all my users from AD(AM), but
the default role (or so I assume) "Registered User", doesn't have *any* privileges.

Now I would very much like to change that. I've figured there's only two ways to
do that: Either change the default role to, say "(Global) Repository Manager", or
change "Registered User's" default permits to something more reasonable.

I've not been able to do any of the both, or even find remote references on how
to go about this from within Archiva.

What I did find was: http://redback.codehaus.org/rbac/role-management.html ,
which led me to believe that this might be configurable. There is however not a
single trace of any of the configuration files, or their directories for that
matter in the archiva.war .

(Well, I did find META-INF/redback/redback-core.xml, but it's in a .jar ...)

So I'm stuck, I guess.
Anyone got an idea how to get unstuck again?

So long,
Igor