archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any ideas? Logging user activity on repositories
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:28:20 GMT
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Rob ten Hove
<rob.tenhove@nl.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Is there any way of logging user activity on repositories, i.e. artifact
> downloading/uploading? If I look at the Archiva audit log documentation I
> would say that it can handle the 'upload' part of the logging. But what
> about the 'download' part?

If Archiva doesn't currently do this, it seems like a reasonable
request for the audit log.  Check JIRA to see if anyone has requested
it yet, and enter it if not.

Have you checked whether it logs when you use 'mvn deploy' vs. the Web
form to upload?

It should probably be configurable as it would fill up the log quickly
in a large dev environment, and logging thousands of downloads from
'guest' might not be desired.

--
Wendy