archiva-users mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upgrade to 1.2.1 => numerous SQL errors
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:09:50 GMT
Hi Marc,

This is a known issue, see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1151 :)

> the second type is sql-related:
>
> 2009-06-04 09:07:53,420 [pool-2-thread-1] ERROR
>
> org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner.functors.ConsumerProcessFileClosure
> - Consumer [update-db-artifact] had an error when processing file
> [/opt/managed_repos/internal/de
> /company/azcommons/azc-services/1.0.35/azc-services-1.0.35.pom]: Insert
> request failed: INSERT INTO ARCHIVA.ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT
>
> (SNAPSHOT_VERSION,PLATFORM,ORIGIN,WHEN_PROCESSED,CHECKSUM_SHA1,WHEN_GATHERED,CHECKSUM_MD5,WHEN_INDEXE
>
> D,LAST_MODIFIED,FILE_SIZE,ARTIFACT_ID,CLASSIFIER,GROUP_ID,REPOSITORY_ID,FILE_TYPE,VERSION)
> VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
> javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert request failed: INSERT INTO
> ARCHIVA.ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT
>
> (SNAPSHOT_VERSION,PLATFORM,ORIGIN,WHEN_PROCESSED,CHECKSUM_SHA1,WHEN_GATHERED,CHECKSUM_MD5,WHEN_INDEXED,LAST_MODIFIED,FILE_SIZE,ARTIFA
> CT_ID,CLASSIFIER,GROUP_ID,REPOSITORY_ID,FILE_TYPE,VERSION) VALUES
> (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
> java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique
> constraint (ARCHIVA.ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT_PK) violated
>

> We have been running Archiva 1.1.3 on Tomcat and Oracle RAC before without
> such errors.
> Before I deployed 1.2.1 I adjusted the JDO-schema (package.jpox), basically
> by adding jdbc-type="clob" to all varchars larger than 250. That strategy
> worked well for us before.
>

> Anybody having an idea how to work around those 2 errors?
>
> If not, can I safely delete the database, and let it recreated by Archiva
> on
> startup ?
> (I asked that question already before, but the answer was not clear enough
> for me.)

I haven't encountered those errors when I tried the upgrade, but I was
using  the embedded derby database then. To answer your question, yes you
can safely delete the database. I assume you already did that based on your
other email regarding the scanning problem :)

Thanks,
Deng