archiva-users mailing list archives

From Marc Lustig ...@marclustig.com>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.2.1 - repos won't get index
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:26:45 GMT

On our side, the story is continuing like this.
In the afternoon, I touch the whole repo and let the scan running and
re-create the database.
After that, it seems like all (physically) existing artifacts can be found
on the Web-UI. Fine.
The next morning again hundreds of artifacts are disappeared from the Web-UI
(but still existing physically). It's so annoying...
I checked the last couple of scans in the log and cannot find exceptions for
that Repo concerned.
(However I didn't check all the scans since yesterday afternoon.)

Anyway, for some reason, some consumer is removing certain artifacts (or
whole groupId's) from the index. I have no clue why.

Any suggestion what to do to prevent the removal of artifacts from the
index-database?

If we disable the "update-db-artifact" consumer, what undesired side-effects
may this have?

Marc Lustig wrote:

> Indeed,
> find [REPOSITORY_DIRECTORY_NAME] | xargs touch
> is tremendously faster than
> find [REPOSITORY_DIRECTORY_NAME] -exec touch {} \;
>

> Deng Ching-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> Did you touch the  contents of the repository? The last modified date of
>> the
>> artifacts need to be more recent than the last run of the repository
>> scan.
>> You can execute *find [REPOSITORY_DIRECTORY_NAME] | xargs touch *at the
>> base
>> dir where your repo is located.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Deng
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Marc Lustig <ml@marclustig.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I forgot to add an excerpt from the log:
>>>
>>> 2009-06-03 17:42:11,554 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
>>>
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled.executors.ArchivaRepositoryScanningTaskExecutor
>>> - Finished repository task:
>>> .\ Scan of internal \.__________________________________________
>>>  Repository Dir    : /opt/managed_repos/internal
>>>  Repository Name   : ....
>>>  Repository Layout : default
>>>  Known Consumers   : (7 configured)
>>>                      auto-rename
>>>                      metadata-updater
>>>                      repository-purge
>>>                      auto-remove
>>>                      update-db-artifact
>>>                      create-missing-checksums
>>>                      index-content
>>>  Invalid Consumers : <none>
>>>  Duration          : 1 Minute 13 Seconds 689 Milliseconds
>>>  When Gathered     : 6/3/09 5:42 PM
>>>  Total File Count  : 107263
>>>  Avg Time Per File :
>>> 2009-06-03 17:42:55,317 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>>>
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled.executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor
>>> - Executing task from queue with job name: database-job:user-requested
>>> 2009-06-03 17:42:55,319 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
>>>
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled.executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor
>>> - Task: Updating unprocessed artifacts
>>> 2009-06-03 17:42:55,318 [http-8080-6] INFO
>>> org.apache.maven.archiva.web.action.admin.SchedulerAction  -