archiva-users mailing list archives

From Rob ten Hove <rob.tenh...@nl.thalesgroup.com>
Subject Any ideas? Logging user activity on repositories
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 05:20:22 GMT
Some days ago I posted a question with respect to user activity on
repositories. Until now I did not get a single response, so allow me to
bring this to your attention once more ;-) I also added more info to the
question.

---

Is there any way of logging user activity on repositories, i.e. artifact
downloading/uploading? If I look at the Archiva audit log documentation
I would say that it can handle the 'upload' part of the logging. But
what about the 'download' part?

I connected to Archiva with Maven, HTTP wagon, using a different
username than 'guest'. I downloaded some artifacts and looked at the
Tomcat access log, and it contains the GET requests, but it does not
contain the user name, although the %u (username) pattern is included in
the log format. In the HTTP traffic I can see authentication
information, amongst it my base64 encoded username/password. Is Archiva
able to log this somehow, or can Tomcat do it?

I'm using:
- Archiva 1.1.2
- Maven 2.0.9
- Tomcat 5.5.26

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Rob ten Hove

Unclassified

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.