archiva-users mailing list archives

From Rob ten Hove <rob.tenh...@nl.thalesgroup.com>
Subject Logging user activity on repositories
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 06:42:41 GMT
Hello all,

Is there any way of logging user activity on repositories, i.e. artifact
downloading/uploading? If I look at the Archiva audit log documentation
I would say that it can handle the 'upload' part of the logging. But
what about the 'download' part?

I connected to Archiva with Maven, HTTP wagon, using a different
username than 'guest'. I downloaded some artifacts and looked at the
Tomcat access log, and it contains the GET requests, but it does not
contain the user name. Instead of the username it has a hyphen, which is
according to the Tomcat documentation for the %u pattern code.

I'm using:
 - Archiva 1.1.2
 - Maven 2.0.9
 - Tomcat 5.5.26

Thanks in advance for your responses,

Rob ten Hove

Unclassified

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender and delete it.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its attachment(s) is
forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachment(s).

Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under
number 06061578.