archiva-users mailing list archives

From U Gopalakrishnan <ugopa...@in.ibm.com>
Subject New Feature - Request/Grand access to repositories
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:20:53 GMT
Hello,

I would like know what the list thinks about a new feature described below
for Archiva. If there are many thump-ups for this then I would go ahead
with trying to implement it

Background : In a enterprise deployment of Archiva, there could be many
product repositories hosted on a single archiva server and many hundreds
of users for archiva with different access permission and restrictions.
Currently in archiva there is no way for a user to request access, so it
need to be via another communication channel (e.g. a mail/call  to the
archiva admin). This could get quite out of control when there are 100s of
users and many repositories in the server, So I am suggesting the
following new features for Archiva for streamlining the request/grand
access process.

1. As user of the archiva repository, I should be able to request
read/write access to a single/multiple repositories.

2.Administrator(s) of Archiva should get notification mails when a user
raises a request

3. On receiving the notification, administrator should be able review the
request in the archiva admin page and make a grand/reject decision on the
request.

4. The user should get a notification mail once the admin complete his
review of the request.

Also we could log all these events to the archiva audit log.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks
Gopal