archiva-users mailing list archives

From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Copy-paste the repository instead of Upload
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 07:28:47 GMT
Hi Arjay,

The ideal scenario is that Archiva should be the one to retrieve the
artifacts from the repository on-demand (proxying). You can configure it's
behavior on how it gets artifacts from the remote repositories. (See
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/proxy-connectors.html for more
details about this)

You can also copy and paste the artifacts to the Archiva repository in the
file system, but make sure that you leave out the metadata files :) You
would also need to update the last modified date of all the artifacts in
your repository so that they would be processed during the repository
scanning. This can easily be done by executing the following command in the
base directory where the Archiva repository resides:

find [REPOSITORY_DIRECTORY_NAME] | xargs touch     (I'm not sure what the
counter part of this command in Windows)

Execute the repository scanner after you've updated the last modified date
of the artifacts..
*
*HTH,
Deng