archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Deng Ching <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.2 and xml webservices
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:53:57 GMT
Hmm, I don't think it is.. The indexing and search still happens at the
server, so it shouldn't matter if the indexer was excluded in the client..
Could you file a jira for this please? I'll take a look at it and see if I
can reproduce your problem.

Thanks,
Deng

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Abel Muiño <amuino@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Hi Maria,
>
> Yes, I used the web interface and got some results.
>
> I've forgot to mention one tweak I did to the example pom, which is
> explicitly excluding the archiva-indexer from archiva-xmlrpc-api, since it
> brought in a few dependencies (3 maven artifacts with version suffix
> -SONATYPE-653485) which could not be resolved (and I didn't plan to
> actually
> index anything...).
>
> The relevant pom snippet is:
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.archiva</groupId>
>      <artifactId>archiva-xmlrpc-api</artifactId>
>      <version>1.2</version>
>      <exclusions>
>        <exclusion>
>                <groupId>org.apache.archiva</groupId>
>                <artifactId>archiva-indexer</artifactId>
>        </exclusion>
>      </exclusions>
>    </dependency>
>
> Could that be the reason I am not seeing results?
>
>
> Maria Odea Ching-5 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Abel,
> >
> > I don't think the logs have anything to do with it.. the logs come after
> > the
> > search is performed (it's cleaning up the context of the search).
> > Anyway, did you try searching the same query string from the web UI also?
> > Were you able to get any results or none as well?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Deng
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Abel Muiño <amuino@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> I'm trying to query an Archiva repository using the webservices API in
> >> 1.2
> >> (http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/web-services.html). The
> >> repository has several artifacts and I can see results in the web
> >> interface.
> >>
> >> My code (based on archiva-xmlrpc-client) goes like this:
> >>
> >> SearchService searchService = binder.bind( SearchService.class, new
> >> URL("http://localhost:8082/archiva/xmlrpc" ),
> >>                new AuthenticationInfo( "admin", "admin123" ) );
> >> List<Artifact> artifacts = searchService.quickSearch( "org" );
> >>
> >> System.out.println( "\n************ Search Results for 'org'
> >> *************"
> >> );
> >> for( Artifact artifact : artifacts )
> >> {
> >>    System.out.println( "Artifact: " + artifact.getGroupId() + ":" +
> >> artifact.getArtifactId() +
> >>                        ":" + artifact.getVersion() );
> >> }
> >>
> >>
> >> ... but I'm getting zero results. After setting log4j to debug level for
> >> org.apache.archiva, I can see these two lines:
> >>
> >> 2009-03-30 18:06:41,552 [btpool0-4] DEBUG
> >> org.apache.archiva.indexer.search.NexusRepositorySearch  - Indexing
> >> context
> >> 'internal' removed from search.
> >> 2009-03-30 18:06:41,562 [btpool0-4] DEBUG
> >> org.apache.archiva.indexer.search.NexusRepositorySearch  - Indexing
> >> context
> >> 'snapshots' removed from search.
> >>
> >> Why are those repositories being removed from search and how can I
> search
> >> them?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> --
> >> Abel Muiño.
> >>
> >> -----
> >> http://www.linkedin.com/in/amuino Abel Mui&ntilde;o Vizcaino  -
> >> http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com
> >> --
> >> View this message in context:
> >>
> http://www.nabble.com/Archiva-1.2-and-xml-webservices-tp22786671p22786671.html
> >> Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
> -----
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/amuino Abel Mui&ntilde;o Vizcaino  -
> http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com http://ramblingabout.wordpress.com
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/Archiva-1.2-and-xml-webservices-tp22786671p22801304.html
> Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message