archiva-users mailing list archives

From Todor Boev <t.b...@prosyst.bg>
Subject Re: Trouble migrating from 1.1.3 to 1.2
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:49:33 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> Right
>
> On 17/04/2009, at 6:52 PM, Todor Boev wrote:
>
>> Brett Porter wrote:

>>> That's right. You might need to double check that you don't have a
>>> typo in jetty.xml that is being used then.
>>>
>>> - Brett
>>>

>> I'm thinking I should backup the databases and than try to drop all
>> tables in apache_archiva and retain only the SECURITY tables in
>> archiva_users? This seems to confirm to the migration guide:
>>
>> Note that the users database must always be retained as it contains
>> the permissions and user information across versions. However, in
>> order to take advantage of the improvements in search in Archiva 1.1
>> (and higher versions), s.a. search by java class/package/method, the
>> archiva database must be re-created. So you need to delete the
>> data/databases/archiva directory, delete the .index directories of
>> your respective repositories, and execute the repository and database
>> scanners after starting Archiva.
>>
>> I suppose this is tailored for Derby. The analog in my case would be
>> to drop everything in apache_archiva and retain only the SECURITY_XXX
>> tables from archiva_users right?
>>
>> -Todor

In the end I achieved what I wanted but it only works if I use a single
database. If I configure a separate database for the users archiva 1.2
just does not pick it up. Instead it creates all the user tables in the
"primary" database. What I did was to create a brand new database, copy
inside it the user tables from the previous installation, configure
archiva to use that single database for both user management and the
maven model. Archiva started and all my users were there. But....it
seems a bug report is in order.

Cheers,
Todor