archiva-users mailing list archives

From Todor Boev <t.b...@prosyst.bg>
Subject Re: Trouble migrating from 1.1.3 to 1.2
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:19:18 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

> On 17/04/2009, at 5:33 PM, Todor Boev wrote:
>
>> I didn't do anything special regarding the jetty.xml. I copied "conf"
>> and "data" from the archiva directory to /var/archiva. I tweaked the
>> reposotory paths in archiva.xml to be in /var/archiva. Finally I set
>> ARCHIVA_BASE to /var/archiva. Since jetty.xml was already set up to
>> use the database I did not have to touch it (I think). Currently it
>> contains this entry:
>>
>> <New id="users" class="org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.Resource">
>> <Arg>jdbc/users</Arg>
>> <Arg>
>>      <New class="org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource">
>>        <Set name="serverName">localhost</Set>
>>        <Set name="databaseName">archiva_users</Set>
>>        <Set name="user">xxxx</Set>
>>        <Set name="password">xxxx</Set>
>>      </New>
>>  </Arg>
>> </New>
>>
>> There are similar entries for the other archiva databases.
>

> On 17/04/2009, at 5:38 PM, Todor Boev wrote:
>
>> Just to add:
>>
>> Is is possible that archiva 1.2 uses different tables for the users
>> than archiva 1.1.3 and for this reason just can't pick up the data?
>> Instead it crates new empty tables?
>
> no, it should use the existing ones. You said you had to create an
> administrator again - are different databases created in wither
> postgres, or in the Archiva directory using derby that contain that
> data and might indicate where the configuration went wrong?
>
> - Brett

There are no new databases. Also there are no new new files in the
archiva-1.2 directory, nor in the /var/archiva directory.. I noticed
however that there are two databases archiva_users and apache_archiva,
which seem to contain *identical* lists of tables (28 tables in each).
By the prefixes of the table names I would expect that archiva_users
should contain only SECUTIRY_XXXX tables while apache_archiva should
contain everything else.

-Todor