archiva-users mailing list archives

From Todor Boev <t.b...@prosyst.bg>
Subject Re: Trouble migrating from 1.1.3 to 1.2
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:33:26 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> When you did the separation, did you modify jetty.xml to point to the
> location of your old postgres database for the users?
>
> On 17/04/2009, at 2:30 AM, Todor Boev wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am running Archiva 1.1.3 in under Debian Linux in standalone mode
>> with Postgre for a database. I did not set it up originally but it
>> falls to me to maintain it now and to upgrade it to Archvia 1.2 :(
>> As a first step I separated the base from the Archiva installation.
>> As a second step I backed up the archiva "data" and "config"
>> directories and followed the instructions at the end of this page to
>> do the migration to 1.2:
>>
>> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/standalone.html
>>
>> After the upgrade Archiva 1.2 did boot but none of the user
>> information from the previous installation was retained. I was
>> prompted to create and admin account and subsequently created couple
>> of user accounts.
>>
>> But what I really want is all my users back :) For now I went back to
>> Archiva 1.1.3. It seems to run fine. I seem to need to talk to
>> postgre and move tables around or something of this sort. I am sadly
>> just as new to postgre as I am to archiva. I've used only mysql so
>> far. So..help! :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Todor

I didn't do anything special regarding the jetty.xml. I copied "conf"
and "data" from the archiva directory to /var/archiva. I tweaked the
reposotory paths in archiva.xml to be in /var/archiva. Finally I set
ARCHIVA_BASE to /var/archiva. Since jetty.xml was already set up to use
the database I did not have to touch it (I think). Currently it contains
this entry:

<New id="users" class="org.mortbay.jetty.plus.naming.Resource">
  <Arg>jdbc/users</Arg>
  <Arg>
       <New class="org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource">
         <Set name="serverName">localhost</Set>
         <Set name="databaseName">archiva_users</Set>
         <Set name="user">xxxx</Set>
         <Set name="password">xxxx</Set>
       </New>
   </Arg>
</New>

There are similar entries for the other archiva databases.