archiva-users mailing list archives

From Todor Boev <t.b...@prosyst.bg>
Subject Trouble migrating from 1.1.3 to 1.2
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:30:41 GMT
Hi,
I am running Archiva 1.1.3 in under Debian Linux in standalone mode with
Postgre for a database. I did not set it up originally but it falls to
me to maintain it now and to upgrade it to Archvia 1.2 :(
As a first step I separated the base from the Archiva installation. As a
second step I backed up the archiva "data" and "config" directories and
followed the instructions at the end of this page to do the migration to
1.2:

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2/adminguide/standalone.html

After the upgrade Archiva 1.2 did boot but none of the user information
from the previous installation was retained. I was prompted to create
and admin account and subsequently created couple of user accounts.

But what I really want is all my users back :) For now I went back to
Archiva 1.1.3. It seems to run fine. I seem to need to talk to postgre
and move tables around or something of this sort. I am sadly just as new
to postgre as I am to archiva. I've used only mysql so far. So..help! :)

Cheers,
Todor