archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Dave McLoughlin" <Dave.McLough...@openlogic.com>
Subject "fine-grained entitlements" within Archiva
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:08:00 GMT
We are using Archive to manage a set of repositories and we've hit a
snag.  We allow teams to store "commercial" artifacts into one of the
repositories but we are concerned about possible licensing implications.
If the product equires a separate license key, there is no problem.  But
if the ommercial binaries do not have that ability, then we are
wondering if here is a way to implement "fine-grained entitlements"
within Archiva. We have not seen anything in the user management space
other than "coarse-grained roles".

The only way that we have found to do this would be to create a separate
repository for each group that has a set of commercial binaries that
they need to build against.  We'd rather not take this approach because
(1) it reduces the reuse of maven and really defeats the purpose of
having shared binaries and (2) we are concerned that it will not scale
to 500-2000 repositories.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated,

Dave McLoughlin