archiva-users mailing list archives

From "DEGARDIN David (CAMPUS)" <david.degar...@oxylane-group.com>
Subject RE: Archiva & Snapshots
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:32:12 GMT
Hi Wendy,

Thank you very much for your help on this.
With your help, I managed to do it: I had to declare a profile with 2
repositories: the one with releases and the one with snapshots (this
profile is always activated for all builds).

But I had to remove the mirror part (before, in my settings.xml file, I
had archiva as a mirror of *). If I leave the mirror part, the snapshot
is not found (maven is trying to retrieve it from the "internal"
repository which is the one that is defined in mirror part).

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 8:50 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: Archiva & Snapshots

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM, DEGARDIN David wrote:

> I thought it was something like this but when I looked into those
> files, it seems correct to me (but I let you tell if it's OK).
>
> So, at the artifact level:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <metadata>
>  <groupId>myproject</groupId>
>  <artifactId>B</artifactId>
>  <versioning>
>    <latest>1.1-SNAPSHOT</latest>
>    <release>1.0</release>

This indicates you have releases and snapshots in the same repository,
which is unusual (unless this is a repo group aggregating multiple
repositories?  That doesn't appear to be the case, from the 'internal'
repo id I saw earlier in your build output.)

If you want to combine releases and snapshots in the 'internal' repo,
make sure you have Maven configured to retrieve snapshots from that
repo.  Check your <repository> and <pluginRepository> in settings.xml
(or in the pom) and make sure you have NOT added
<snapshots><enabled>false to it.

I'd suggest deploying snapshots to a separate 'snapshots' directory and
keeping 'internal' for releases only.

If it's still not working, paste your <repository> and
<pluginRepository> elements for your repo(s).

--
Wendy