archiva-users mailing list archives

From "DEGARDIN David (CAMPUS)" <david.degar...@oxylane-group.com>
Subject RE: Archiva & Snapshots
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 13:51:24 GMT
Hello Wendy,

I've used the upload form (upload.action page). I've specified toto as
groupId, B as artifactId and 1.1-SNAPSHOT as version. I've tried two
ways:
	1) tell Archiva to generate the POM
	2) give Archiva a POM already written

To test it, I've got a local repository with Archiva as a mirror of *.
I'm sure this configuration works as I've managed to download from
remote repository an artifact.

So I have a pom.xml with this piece of XML:
        <dependency>
                <groupId>myproject</groupId>
                <artifactId>B</artifactId>
                <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>

I launch Maven2 in a cmd window and I launch the "mvn clean install"
command. I got this message:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Downloader POM
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) myproject:B:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=myproject -DartifactId=B
-Dversion
=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=myproject -DartifactId=B
-Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[i
d]

  Path to dependency:
        1) blabla:A:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) myproject:B:jar:1.1-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  blabla:A:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  archiva.default (http://myarchiva/repository/internal)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 02 14:43:21 CET 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

More details with the -e switch (the error sounds quite strange, I do
not understand it):

  at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:575)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:142)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.MultipleArtifactsNotFoundException
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTra
nsitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:324)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTra
nsitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:288)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDepende
ncies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1415)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:405)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
        ... 16 more

I'm using 1.1.3 version of Archiva.

David