archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat6 and OpenSuse 11.1
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:29:19 GMT
On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Erwin Mueller <funnyacc@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009-01-02 06:28:17,343 [http-8080-1] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.Schema  - Failed
> initialising database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is
>  accessible, and the database URL and username/password are correct.
> Exception : Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create da
> tabase '/path/to/database/users', see the next exception for details.)
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to create database
> '/path/to/database/users',
>  see the next exception for details.)

Is this verbatim?  If so, looks like you just need to replace
"/path/to/database" with a valid path, somewhere the user running
Tomcat/Archiva has permission to write to.  If not, still double check
the permissions, because it's having trouble creating the database.

> Do I need to create a user  with username="sa" and no password? How do I
> do this?

No, if you're using the embedded Derby, the ;create=true in the JDBC
url will take care of it.

--
Wendy