archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Approved versions
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:28:36 GMT
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, solo1970
<sonia.lodovichetti@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Any of the third-party products used to produce our software need to be
> approved by a special departement.  Is there any way to ensure that the
> third-party products we use for "official" releases have all been approved?
> (like a keyword or setting)....

There's nothing currently in Archiva to handle this, though depending
on what you need, that might not be necessary.  For example, you could
deploy additional metadata beside the artifact to describe the
approvals.  Do you see it as a build-time failure if a team uses an
unapproved artifact, or would you want an audit report after the fact?

>From experience with this problem... unless you have a very simple
governance model, it's not a binary "approved" or "not approved"
forever decision.  An artifact might be approved for use by one team
and not another.  And approvals may have a time span, after which they
expire.

(Also, you might want to look at Palamida's products, this is one of
the things they do.)

--
Wendy