archiva-users mailing list archives

From Ben Lidgey <ben.lid...@inuknetworks.com>
Subject RE: Forbid the deploy of the same version
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 08:15:55 GMT
Yes, for example we have a shell script that runs every so often from a cron job to make everything
in our releases repository read-only. We have a separate repository for internal snapshots,
so developers can snapshot away.

I've also used the Archiva users to restrict access to deploying to the releases repository
so that developers cannot deploy there -- only the build server can so we know which JVM version,
environment etc was used and that the build passed (unit tests pass etc).

Ben

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited.