archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration of a remote mirror
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:31:03 GMT

On 02/12/2008, at 12:15 AM, Edderd wrote:

> Recently there has been some discussion on the maven mailing list
> about
> "mirrors of central and considerate repo use"
>
> I'd like to set up my archiva config for use with a mirror but I'm
> not sure
> if I'm doing it correctly. Is the idea that, the mirror will be
> accessed
> before repo1?
>
> I added a mirror descriptor to my global settings.xml.
>
>   <mirror>
>          <id>sonatype.net</id>
>          <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
>          <name>Sonatype Mirror of Central Repository</name>
>          <url>http://repo2.sonatype.net/maven2</url>
>        </mirror>

This will cause all your Maven central repository traffic to go to
this server instead of Archiva, which is probably not what you want.

If you've already configured all your central repository traffic to go
to Archiva, you can change the server it proxies from by changing the
remote repository URL for central from the repositories tab.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter