archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva vs Nexus?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 01:17:42 GMT
Everyone has different needs, so you should consider what you're
looking for. I hesitate to jump into direct comparisons for that reason.

However, from a functional perspective, there is the repository
manager matrix that might help:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Maven+Repository+Manager+Feature+Matrix

 From what I can tell, as of 1.1 Nexus has basically caught up on most
features it didn't have that Archiva did.

I believe Archiva still uniquely has:
- more extensive WebDAV support (if you need to use a WebDAV client
like those built into the operating system)
- more artifact information in the UI
- built in user management rules such as password expiry, account
locking, etc.

Of course, some use cases are addressed differently in each
application and you may prefer one or the other.

 From a non functional perspective, there are some differences:
- Apache License
- independent, hosted at Apache
- developed by a diverse group of contributors

Whether those are advantages or not really depends on how you intend
to use the source code or whether you want to be directly involved in
development.

I'm still glad you're currently using Archiva and hope it continues to
satisfy you :)

Cheers,
Brett