archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managed repositories and Maven local repository
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:18:57 GMT

On 17/12/2008, at 12:21 AM, teacup wrote:

> Note that the user 'specialuser' owns Tomcat, Archiva, and Continuum
> installations.  Anyway, so my problem is that Archiva downloads and
> maintains same artifacts under its own repos (under Tomcat - see
> above) that
> Continuum maintains under its default local repository (see above) -
> and
> this means unnecessary duplication to me.  I mean all those huge
> artifact
> jars are present in two places on my server.

This would be likely to cause conflicts for the Maven process as it
executes, and the format of the local and remote repositories are
different.

While it's not ideal, you are best to utilise the purge features of
both Continuum and Archiva to keep the local and snapshot repos trim
so that duplication is at a minimum.

Hopefully future versions of Maven will better support this within the
local repository (I have a proposal prepared for this already).

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter