archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: archiva.xml or settings.xml
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:03:42 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Edderd <ejy@summitbid.com> wrote:

> I'm running archiva as a standalone non appserver, and it's 1.1.3. It's a
> jetty bundle (I had to modify the server port to 8090 so it didn't collide
> with my tomcat instance).
>
> I have since found that if I add a remote repository, the xml metadata is
> added to the $ARCHIVA_HOME/conf/archiva.xml file, so I believe I'm starting
> to understand.

Ok.  If you also have a ~/.m2/archiva.xml file, it would be best to remove it.

> I'm familiar with using the settings.xml for maven, since that is
> historically where I made local settings for plugins and repositories. Must
> I now remove any reference to remote repositories in that file?

If you want Maven to *only* access your Archiva instance, you'll
probably want to configure repositories and mirrors in your
settings.xml .  See if this helps, and ask if you need more info:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

> Another thing I still need to learn is how to enable one of my remote
> repositories
> Grails.org Snapshot Repository
> Identifier      grails.snapshots
> Name    Grails.org Snapshot Repository
> URL     http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/
> Type    Maven 2.x Repository
>
> for an archetype plugin snapshot. The archetype maven command returns:
>
> The desired archetype does not exist
> (org.grails:grails-maven-archetype:1.0-SNAPSHOT)
>
> There's no ui control, so I'm guessing I need to edit the archiva.xml.

I'm not sure what you mean by enabling the repository.  Perhaps you
need to add a proxy connector?

You might also be running into the default once per day check for
updates.  Try adding -U on the command line to force Maven to check
again.

--
Wendy