archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: archiva.xml or settings.xml
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:11:53 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Edderd <ejy@summitbid.com> wrote:
> I've set up a new archiva repository wth the standard internal and snapshot
> repos. It's working generally, but I believe I'm confused as to whether I
> should configure it in my userhome/.m2/settings.xml or
> userhome/.m2/archiva.xml.

What version?  Is it running as the standalone Jetty bundle or did you
deploy the war to an appserver?

The archiva.xml file is for the Archiva configuration -- the path to
the managed repositories on disk, the consumers, the proxy connectors,
etc.  If running standalone it should be in $ARCHIVA_HOME/conf.  If
that file doesn't exist it will use ~/.m2/archiva.xml.

The ~/.m2/settings.xml file is for developer-specific Maven configuration.

--
Wendy