archiva-users mailing list archives

From Frank.Steinha...@olympus-europa.com
Subject Re: Re: Can't download any artifacts after upgrade 1.0.2 to 1.1.3
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:51:03 GMT
Hi Deng,

thanks to your hint with the logs (should have thought of that beforehand,
of course...) I figured it out: it was as security problem, I got
"Authorization Denied" in the archiva.log. After hours of poking around I
found out that the problem was caused by following: the Archiva guest user
has to have "Observer" right in all repos, because maven (2.0.9) doesn't
use any credentials when downloading (<server> in settings.xml is used for
upload only). This really should be stated clearly in the installation
manual.

Thanks!

Frank

> Hi Frank,
>
> Were there any other info logged in the audit or archiva logs? It could
be
> just a configuration problem.. The webdav module was migrated to
JackRabbit

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Upgrading+from+1.0.x+to+1.1.xwhen