archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: Destuctive upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:13:01 GMT
I had a feeling the docs weren't quite what I was looking for, but I was trying to
find out some details the without nagging you folks first. I was trying to read
what that process was like to decide whether to make the jump. I'll give it a go.

Thanks,

Brent Atkinson
batkinson@usm.maine.edu

On 20/11/2008, at 3:33 AM, Brent Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade from archiva 1.0.2 to archiva 1.1.3 (war install),
> but I am a little confused from the docs:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Upgrading+from+1.0.x+to+1.1.x

These are user notes on the process, for feedback in improving the
documentation, rather than concrete steps to follow.

> The upgrade described here says it will blow the users away, but I
> am sharing the user database between
> archiva and continuum. How can I avoid recreating the users? Does
> this mean that I can no longer share
> accounts between archiva and continuum?

It should be retained, and certainly was in my case. I don't see from
the page why it wasn't in there case, did you have an issue with it?

> The other problem is that the upgrade guide speaks of the jetty
> configuration files, and that the archiva
> configuration files are now jetty files. Is this true for the war
> install on tomcat?

This particular person was using the standalone bundle - there's no
change for those using the war install.

Cheers,
Brett

--