archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limiting svn checkout depth for deploying organisational pom
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:55:57 GMT
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)

> What is the best way to deploy this organisational POM? Doing it manually is a bit cumbersome
and need to be deployed in the local repository for continuum. However, if I configure a project,
it would also checkout all subsystems (say the whole directory hiearchy). Is there a way to
limit the checkout depth?

Usually this type of pom is released separately, and so kept
separately in Subversion.

For example, the Maven and ASF organization-level pom "projects" which
contain only the pom.xml file (and possibly a site skin):
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/trunk/

I'm not aware that you can limit the checkout depth with Continuum,
though it will default to a --non-recursive build so it will only
build the parent.

Unfortunately checking out with -N wouldn't always be correct as an
organization-level pom can have some source code with it -- sometimes
there is a shared site skin.

--
Wendy