archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Kraft, Mike" <Mike.Kr...@teradact.com>
Subject FW: Repository group questions
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:05:39 GMT
Ok, I get the feeling there is something fundamental I do not understand about repositories.
Although it took a while, sometime after I promoted 'snapshots' to the top of the group list,
the artifacts shown by the 'public' URL changed to only show snapshots - no releases. OTOH,
Maven still cannot locate remote snapshot artifacts. But it can find remote release artifacts.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Mike

________________________________

From: Kraft, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 12:25
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Repository group questions

Hi,

I have created a group 'public' that contains both the default 'internal' and 'snapshots'
repositories. I then created a mirror for * to 'public' in my local settings. I noticed I
was having some trouble locating snapshot artifacts that were not already present in my local
repository. So I began looking at the settings for the 'public' group. I clicked through on
the URL link to the group, and saw that only artifacts from 'internal' showed up - nothing
from 'snapshots'. I tried changing the order of the two repositories in the group list, but
it did not seem to make any difference.

Just to be clear, 'snapshots' itself is working - I see the unified view of all the repositories
when I go the 'Browse' page.

Is the groups feature broken, or is it just some weird condition on my server?