archiva-users mailing list archives

From Gary Weaver <gary.wea...@duke.edu>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.0 standalone to Archiva 1.1.2 in container migration check list
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:10:01 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> That shouldn't have happened. I think the users database is at a
> different relative path, so if you copy over a parent directory, it
> doesn't land in the "right" place (according to the data source
> configuration jetty.xml).

Good point. I just noticed that in Archiva 1.1.2 there is now a users
directory is in {archiva.base}/data/databases/users/ instead of
{archiva.base}/data/users/ as it was in Archiva 1.0.2.

Maybe if one of the migration steps were to copy that directory into the
new location, it would update that information as needed to work with
the new version. Is that what you're saying? You could also change the
path to it in jetty.xml, but then it would be a non-standard directory
layout, which might make things more difficult later?

Thanks,

Gary

--
Gary Weaver