archiva-users mailing list archives

From jaxzin <Brian.R.Jack...@espn3.com>
Subject TTL caching for metadata?
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 19:00:05 GMT

All, when we run our releases we run Maven with the -U command.  This causes
Maven to query our Archiva instance for the maven-metadata.xml for
everything (plugins/parent/dependencies) that don't have explicit version.
Unfortunately Archiva always goes back to the remote repositories when this
happens which lately has slowed our builds.  Is there a way to tell Archiva
to only check for new metadata once a day rather than whenever a Maven
client requests it?

P.S. The reason we run with -U command is because we have an internal POM
inheritance hierarchy that specifies parent versions with RELEASE so we can
make company-wide or department-wide tweaks to our build process and all
projects receive the changes implicitly.  But I don't necessarily need the
-U checking to go out to central or our other remote repositories.