archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Delaney" <mdela...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: Archiva setup
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:47:12 GMT
I up'ed the log level for every entry in WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml to
debug and updated the SMTP host, in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf/jetty.xml) to be
'badhostnamethingy' and yet still no exception in any file (located in
$ARCHIVA_BASE/logs).

I searched the archives for how to configure this but found nothing that
helped me out.

Does it matter that I am in standalone mode?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett.porter@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 9:34 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: Archiva setup

2008/9/26 Michael Delaney <mdelaney@upromise.com>:
> Bug files against the security.properties issue =
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-956

Thanks!

> In regards to the exception logging, I couldn't find in the
> documentation, any please where it said how to enable those messages.
Do
> you think it would be appropriate for me to file a bug to get that
added
> to the documentation?

Yes, please - we've answered the question a few times so you can find
it in the archives, but we should certainly add it to the official
docs.

Odea
> Ching
> Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:05 PM
> To: users@archiva.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Archiva setup
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Michael Delaney
> <mdelaney@upromise.com>wrote:
>

>> I was unable to get email to be sent via Archiva using the
>> security.properties file (located in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf). The ONLY
way
>> was able to get this to work was by updating the jetty.xml file
> (located
>> in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf) with the updated smtp host information. From
> what
>> I read, you should be able to set any SMTP related values in the
>> security.properties. This doesn't seem to be the case. Some email
>> settings could be specified in the security.properties file but it
>> doesn't seem consistant.
>

> Hmm, the migration to the jetty bundle seems to have modified the
> behavior.
> Could you file a jira for this please so we could track this issue? :)
>

>> I have included a sample file that I was using, with zero success.
>>
>> We also noticed that if there are exceptions being throw from
Archiva,
>> which I assume there are when the email setting are configured
> properly,
>> we aren't seeming them in ANY logs (archiva, stderrout, wrapper ...
>> etc).
>

> (Sorry I forgot to add this in my previous reply) You might need to
> change
> the log level to DEBUG in WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml for the error to
> show
> up..
>

>> Also when looking at the security.properties (located at

http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/redback-configuration/src/

main/resources/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/config-defaults.properties<ht

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/