archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Delaney" <mdela...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: Archiva setup
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:29:08 GMT
Bug files against the security.properties issue =
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-956

In regards to the exception logging, I couldn't find in the
documentation, any please where it said how to enable those messages. Do
you think it would be appropriate for me to file a bug to get that added
to the documentation?

-----Original Message-----
From: oching@exist.com [mailto:oching@exist.com] On Behalf Of Maria Odea
Ching
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:05 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: Archiva setup

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Michael Delaney
<mdelaney@upromise.com>wrote:

> I was unable to get email to be sent via Archiva using the
> security.properties file (located in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf). The ONLY way
> was able to get this to work was by updating the jetty.xml file
(located
> in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf) with the updated smtp host information. From
what
> I read, you should be able to set any SMTP related values in the
> security.properties. This doesn't seem to be the case. Some email
> settings could be specified in the security.properties file but it
> doesn't seem consistant.

Hmm, the migration to the jetty bundle seems to have modified the
behavior.
Could you file a jira for this please so we could track this issue? :)

> I have included a sample file that I was using, with zero success.
>
> We also noticed that if there are exceptions being throw from Archiva,
> which I assume there are when the email setting are configured
properly,
> we aren't seeming them in ANY logs (archiva, stderrout, wrapper ...
> etc).

(Sorry I forgot to add this in my previous reply) You might need to
change
the log level to DEBUG in WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml for the error to
show
up..

> Also when looking at the security.properties (located at

http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/redback-configuration/src/

main/resources/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/config-defaults.properties<ht
tp://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback/trunk/redback-configuration/src/ma
in/resources/org/codehaus/plexus/redback/config-defaults.properties>)
> see that there is a property named 'email.jndiSessionName' what is its
> purpose? I was trying to decode its purpose but I couldn't come to a
> good conclusion.

The email.jndiSessionName is the name of the JNDI session to be looked
up
and used by redback's mail sender. This is the equivalent of the
<Arg>mail/Session</Arg> configured in the jetty descriptor.

Thanks,
Deng

Archiva.

Odea