archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Delaney" <mdela...@upromise.com>
Subject How does archiva determin if a remote file exists
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 16:51:54 GMT
All,

  How does Archiva determine if a remote file (say something housed on
repo1.maven.org/maven2, for example) is valid? Does it determine this by
the HTTP return code (404 versus 200)?

  The reason I ask is that I have seen a very odd behavior. We have a
goal that attempts to download an artifact from our Archiva server. This
artifact doesn't exist, it's an optional dependency, but during one of
our maven goals, it appears our network filter went a-wall and blocked
people.apache.org (which is set up on our Archiva server as a remote
repository). So instead of getting a 404 error code when trying to
access a file off of people.apache.org, it received a web page (from our
filter) stating the site was blocked. This web page appears to have been
downloaded as a pom.xml file and the artifact in question.

Mike Delaney.