archiva-users mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ejcirame...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: How does archiva determine if a remote file exists
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 13:32:57 GMT
That's a pretty big assumption on the part of archiva, no?

Most corporate env's will be blocking various sites, potentially some
sub directories of some well known opensource sf.

It's a shame there isn't some kina validation (is this a valid xml file
or is this a valid pom or zip/jar/war/etc).

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett.porter@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 9:17 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: How does archiva determin if a remote file exists

That's correct, Archiva will assume if it gets HTTP 200 trying to proxy
file that it was valid.
If you change the proxy connector to fail if checksums don't match, this
problem won't occur. I'd highly recommend this setting in an environment
such as yours (or ensure the filter blocks with a more appropriate code
like
403).

Cheers,
Brett

2008/9/6 Michael Delaney <mdelaney@upromise.com>

> All,
>

>  How does Archiva determine if a remote file (say something housed on
> repo1.maven.org/maven2, for example) is valid? Does it determine this
by
> the HTTP return code (404 versus 200)?
>

>  The reason I ask is that I have seen a very odd behavior. We have a
> goal that attempts to download an artifact from our Archiva server.
This

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/