archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Randy Kamradt" <Randy.Kamr...@jda.com>
Subject RE: Archiva/Tomcat config help
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:56:29 GMT
If you want to squelch the '/' URL, putting in a blank index.html or
index.jsp (or one that redirects to archiva) in the webapps/ROOT
directory should do that.  By putting the archiva context.xml into the
webapps/ROOT/META-INF, it probably confused Tomcat as to what to run
when it finds a /archiva path.

-----Original Message-----
From: waaraa1331 [mailto:waaraa1331@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:49 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: RE: Archiva/Tomcat config help

it was suggested I do that because we did not want the default tomcat
web page to come up.  We wanted to just go to the IP address and have
archiva startup without needing the webapp manager to deploy it
manually.  I don't know if thats a good enough reason to get rid of ROOT
but I just want to let you know there was a purpose for doing that.  If
you still think it should be done i shall do it.

Randy Kamradt wrote:

> Adding files to the webapps/ROOT directory was probably not a good
> idea, that's a special case directory intended for handling the '/'
URL path.