archiva-users mailing list archives

From Gary Weaver <gary.wea...@duke.edu>
Subject Re: upgrading archiva from v1.0.2 to v1.1.2
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:15:02 GMT
Thanks!

Here was my experience with the upgrade:

* I noticed that instead of having to go into the platform specific dir
under bin/ that there were new archiva and archiva.bat scripts that
handled stop/stop etc.
* I noticed the port settings now need to be done in jetty.xml instead
of plexus.xml (that is a bit diff than the wiki page).
* The admin user got removed/didn't make the transition (even though I
had compressed and exploded the whole data dir and did what I said
below, so users dir was there). So I just recreated the admin user. :(

According to the instructions you only need to "execute the repository
and database scanners", but I was a bit unsure what that meant exactly
(at least for the database stuff), so I did all of this:
* Repository Scanning -> Update Consumers
* Database -> Update Cron
* Database -> Update Database Now
* Database -> Update Consumers (click on this under all sections)
* Repositories -> Scan Repository Now (click on this under all sections)

The slowness went away when building via maven 2 which was the main
thing I was trying to fix (yay!).

I don't know if that is because some dependence on an external repo that
was down/slow was fixed or if it was the upgrade though (more likely the
former than the latter I suppose).

Thanks!

Gary