archiva-users mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ejcirame...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: used to have to deploy to tomcat to utilize users/roles/etc
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:09:58 GMT
What I mean is, I could always deploy to a standalone archiva set up, it
didn't respect groups/roles/etc.  I could only get archiva to respect
this when it was deployed to tomcat.  Does this make sense?

I'd prefer to run in standalone mode (for ease of setup/etc), is there
any reason to deploy to tomcat?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett.porter@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:35 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: used to have to deploy to tomcat to utilize users/roles/etc

I'm not sure what you are referring to - in what scenario was there no
users/roles under 1.0.2?

Tomcat/other servlet containers has always been an option for
deployment, which is completely up to you. I think the default
installation (which is just the webapp pre-configured on Jetty 6, with
JSW to run it) should be a good choice for most people.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter