archiva-users mailing list archives

From Chris Brentano <chris.brent...@jivesoftware.com>
Subject Re: LDAP auth instructions/how to?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:38:48 GMT
Thanks everyone for your assistance!

Just LDAP, no SSL at the moment.

I configured my conf/security.properties file like so:

ldap.user.store.enabled=true
ldap.bind.authenticator.enabled=true
ldap.config.hostname=dc02.jiveville.com
ldap.config.port=389
ldap.config.base.dn=ou=JiveUsers,ou=jiveville,ou=com
ldap.config.context.factory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory
ldap
.config
.bind
.dn=cn=ldapUser,ou=ResourceAccounts,ou=JiveUsers,ou=jiveville,ou=com
ldap.config.password=********

But cannot log in with any LDAP accounts. But I do have a couple
questions:

- Is there any way to test that Archiva is able to successfully talk
to the LDAP server?
- Are there any options above that I may be missing or which are
incorrect?
- When LDAP authentication is working, do all accounts that fall under
the base dn OU have access? If so, what level?
- Do I need to do anything in User Administrator to grant specific
LDAP accounts access privileges?

Thanks again!

- Chris

On 5 Aug, 2008, at 8:38 AM, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> I'm not sure ldap docs on redback site are up-to-date
>
> Chris, do you use LDAP or LDAPS?
> LDAPS isn't supported for the moment
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:08 AM, Maria Odea Ching <oching@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> You just need to put the LDAP config in your security.properties
>> file, you
>> no longer need to edit the application.xml as specified here:
>> http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/ldap.html (just copy &
>> paste the
>> config specifed in the security.properties section)
>>
>> And you might also need to add the LDAP specific configuration
>> specified in
>> the LDAP Settings section in this document:
>> http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html
>>
>> HTH,
>> Deng
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Chris Brentano <
>> chris.brentano@jivesoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to configure Archiva to do LDAP authentication to Active
>>> Directory. It appears that Redback has LDAP support, and I've seen
>>> some
>>> various bits here and there about configuring the
>>> security.properties or
>>> application.xml file to utilize LDAP, but I can't find a concise