archiva-users mailing list archives

From deckrider <deckri...@gmail.com>
Subject 502 Bad Gateway from archiva 1.1.1
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:17:46 GMT
After running successfully for a few days, archiva 1.1.1 on solaris
started returning errors like this during mvn deploy:

[INFO] Error installing artifact's metadata: Error while deploying
metadata: Failed to transfer file:
http://archiva.example.com/repository/internal/com/example/clientservices/8.10.1.24/clientservices-8.10.1.24.pom.
Return code is: 502 Bad Gateway

After restarting archiva, this went away for a while but appears to
return occasionally, requiring another restart.

I've reconfigured stand alone archiva slightly from the default as
shown in the patch that is attached.  And we've also applied
wrapper-delta-pack-3.2.3.tar.gz so that we could run it on solaris.

We never reference this archiva directly but use the following apache
virtual host / proxy configuration:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName archiva.example.com
        ServerAdmin deckrider@example.com
        ProxyRequests Off
        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPass / http://localhost:8091/
        ProxyPreserveHost On
</VirtualHost>

We configure our maven pom.xml files like this:

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <url>dav:http://archiva.example.com/repository/internal/</url>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
      <url>http://archiva.example.com/repository/internal/</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

And here is the output from 'mvn --version':

Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_14
OS name: "sunos" version: "5.10" arch: "sparc" Family: "unix"

I fear we may have to go back to archiva 1.0.2 if this keeps happening
or if we don't find a fix.

As a random guess I was wondering if more memory would need to be
allocated, but I don't know how to pass -Xmx and the like through the
start up script.

Thanks in advance for your help.